Saturday, January 5, 2019

Dip Pens

I have read about doing doodles with dip pens and particularly glass pens. They have a smooth and even line and don't wear down like many markers. I was pretty crazy to start so my friend Lynda let me borrow some of her dip pen supplies. 

Handwriting is pretty rare in this day and age so lately I've acquired a couple of pen pals. I found you can actually forget how to write! Daily practice is helping quite a bit, but the metal-nib dip pen is tough to learn. Doodling with the pen is fun, though, and it's cool that I'll eventually not be buying any more disposable plastic pens.

You would think that regular printer paper would be just fine for dip pen or fountain pen ink, wouldn't you? Well, then you would be wrong, my friend. Soooooo...I ordered some paper, too. Every hobby you take up needs stuff. I guess I'll be getting some ink, too...

I had a great time watching this video, it's exactly what I'd like to do.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment